ToradoraMarch 19, 2009 at 7:50 AM | Posted in Anime | 3 Comments
Despite Ryūji Takasu’s gentle personality, his eyes make him look like an intimidating delinquent so he is utterly hopeless about his chances of getting a girlfriend anytime soon, and does not have many close friends either. After being greeted by his hungover mother in the morning, Ryūji goes to school and is happy to find that he gets to be in the same class as his best friend Yūsaku Kitamura and crush Minori Kushieda. However, it is then that he unexpectedly knocks into “the school’s most dangerous animal of the highest risk level” — Taiga Aisaka — who just happens to also be in his class, and is a good friend of Minori.
- (高須 竜児 Takasu Ryūji)
- Voiced by: Junji Majima
- Ryūji is a sixteen-year-old high school student in his second year, class C. Due to biological inheritance, his eyes make him look like an intimidating delinquent and causes many misunderstandings. He lives in a fatherless family with just his mother, and due to this, Ryūji has learned to be self-sufficient. He is good at cooking and keeping everything in his house clean (nearly to the point of obsession), and also excels at sewing. He holds a crush on Minori Kushieda, a girl his age in his class. He has a pet parakeet named “Inko-chan” (“inko” literally means “parakeet” in Japanese). Ryūji often helps Taiga with domestic chores which she is otherwise unable to perform. At school, he is known as “the only person able to stop the palmtop tiger”, referring to Taiga’s nickname.
- Aisaka Taiga:
- (逢坂 大河 Aisaka Taiga)
- Voiced by: Rie Kugimiya
- Taiga is a girl in Ryūji’s class. She has a well-regulated and beautiful appearance though is unable to stomach company from others. Due to her often snapping at others in brutal ways and her short stature, she is given the nickname “Palmtop Tiger” (手乗りタイガー Te Nori Taigā). Her under-developed body and the added nickname has given her a complex which in turn serves to give her a negative attitude and facial expression. Essentially, Taiga gets upset easily and is considerably clumsy. Due to her cute looks (described as a doll by Ryūji), she often gets confessions by boys her age, but she turns down every one of them. She comes from a rich family but due to bad family relations, she has taken to living on her own. However, since she came from a privileged household, she does not know how to do any domestic chores. When she meets Ryūji and learns of his domestic talents, she ends up relying on Ryūji to clean up after her. Aside from sleeping in her own house, and going to school, she spends most of her time at Ryūji’s house; so much so that she is almost considered a member of his family. At the beginning of the story, she is infatuated with his best friend Yūsaku Kitamura and gets nervous every time he appears around her. Due to this, Taiga and Ryūji team up to help each other get into a relationship with each other’s best friend. However, after spending so much time together, she realizes she wanted to be with Ryūji.
- (櫛枝 実乃梨 Kushieda Minori)
- Voiced by: Yui Horie
- Minori is a girl in Ryūji’s class, and is a close friend to Taiga. She is also known by the pet name “Minorin”. In contrast to the violent nature of Taiga, Minori is always smiling and cheerful. She is very athletic and is the captain of the girl’s softball club at school, though at the same time she holds many part time jobs. She is a glutton when it comes to food, but is also constantly combating with dieting, calling herself a ‘diet warrior’. She gets a thrill out of being scared. Despite her air-headed tendencies, she is very perceptive, and is one of the few people to see Ryūji for the gentle person he is, and is also not fooled by Ami’s act of innocence. Eventually, she confesses to Ryūji that she likes him.
- (北村 祐作 Kitamura Yūsaku)
- Voiced by: Hirofumi Nojima
- Yūsaku is a male student in Ryūji’s class, and is his best friend. He is the vice-president of the student council, the class representative, and captain of the boy’s softball club at school. Yūsaku wears glasses, and has a diligent personality. He thinks he is poor at talking to girls, though Ryūji observes otherwise. During his time as the Vice President of the student council, he eventually falls in love with the student council president, Sumire Kanō. A running gag is that he will appear out of nowhere behind Taiga and Ryūji when they are discussing a “plan of attack” to get their crushes. Like Minori, he has an unusual personality, but oftentimes it is an expression of his friendship and appreciation.
- (川嶋 亜美 Kawashima Ami)
- Voiced by: Eri Kitamura
- Ami is Yūsaku’s childhood friend who transfers into his class midway through their second year of high school. She is very beautiful and even works as a model, though after she transfers school, she temporarily stops modeling. However, she still continues to go to the gym readily and maintains a slim figure. She is always kind and generous towards others, though this is merely a deception. In truth, she is arrogant and will not hesitate to use abusive language towards others. During her first meeting with Taiga, Ami shows her true colors, but the tables are turned when Taiga counterattacks by slapping her. Since then, Ami and Taiga have been enemies, Taiga referring to her as Stupid Chihuahua, though Ami still sometimes envies Taiga since she can always be honest. Ami has a love interest in Ryūji, asking him if he would love her real self and give her a second chance. She has a deep understanding of the relationship situation going on between Minori, Ryūji, Taiga, and herself.
Well i’m still watching this anime,but this anime is more comedy than romance,so recomended for those who like comedy romance .